Monday, January 23, 2012

A Really Bad Day... And I'm OK.


Today was the kind of day that as soon as I start recounting all the bad crap that went on it, I get tired of typing - - partly because there was so much crap, and partly because now that the day is over, it just sounds like whining to me.  And I hate whining.  In all forms.
But it was a really crappy day.  Bratty kids, sick kids, fussy kids, bitchy me, pms-y, psychotic, "feel-like-my-head's-going-to-pop-off" me.  Last-minute doctor's visit, double ear infection, older kids' playdate cancelled, speeding home to retrieve children, waiting around to get other daughter off bus, back to pharmacy to get antibiotics, loooong wait for medicine, insurance card issues, kids still need dinner, more whining children, kids fighting after going to bed... UGH!!!
Long story short. I made it.  Several times today I almost posted on facebook how bad my day was, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.  It's not even that I didn't want to whine.  I just didn't want to seem like I was whining.  How sad is that??  But whatever - - I still made it!  I managed not to blow a gasket.  I managed not to scream (anymore, after the morning) at the children.  I managed not to burst into tears at the pressure of doing everything required of me today.  And it was just when I phrased it that way in my head - - "all the pressure of what's required of me!!" - - that I no longer felt the need to whine.
It seemed like one of those First World Problems you hear about.
I prayed for strength - and got it, apparently.  Thanks, God.  I know it was you who got me through today.

No comments:

Post a Comment