Thursday, January 31, 2013

One Month Down


So this is what January's exercise looked like. Not bad! 21 days of exercise, and I'm down 7 lbs. I was sick in the middle of the month, and that derailed my exercise streak. I still could have and should have been walking on the treadmill, but I didn't. Next month will be better and/or more consistent.
In my exercise group (on FB), I'm pledging 20 workouts for the month of February. That is the same number I pledged this month, but there are 3 few days to accomplish it. I think it will still be very doable. In my Fit for Good group, we've started a 21-days-in-a-row exercise challenge, and today's only Day 3, so the first 17 days of February are taken care of! I'm sure I can fit 3 more in between the 17th and the 28th! Thank goodness for overlapping challenges, huh?
I am still weighing myself every day, but I've shifted my goals from weight loss (which I still desire very much) to exercise, sleep, water intake, and good eating. I've decided that I don't want to measure my progress in terms of something that can disappear. "Down 2 pounds - hooray!" "Up 2 pounds - boooo!" No thanks. I prefer looking at my calendar and seeing 21 days of exercise and knowing no future days without exercise can negate that accomplishment.
And look what else I get:
My muscle definition is returning! Wahoo! This makes me very happy! I'm hoping soon I can take a picture of my whole body of which I am equally proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment