Monday, I flew by the seat of my pants. I'm currently in Week 3 of the Couch-to-5K program, so I knew I'd be running that day, but that's as far as my planning went. And guess what? That's pretty much all I got done that day.
Monday night, before I went to bed, I decided... "Tomorrow: I will pray first thing in the morning (one decade of the rosary, starting small); I will fold & put away all the laundry (4 loads); I will vacuum the whole downstairs (including the entryway, a veritable sandbox)." And guess what?? I did it! All of it! I accomplished everything I set out to do, and then some! I cleaned the downstairs bathroom, scrubbed one of the upstairs showers, and changed the sheets on my bed! Amazing!
What was NOT amazing was that I didn't exercise (other than the marathon of chores, of course) and I snacked on anything and everything ALL DAY LONG! Those were two areas I hadn't formulated a plan for, and well... that's what happens when I wing it.
So, here we are today. Wednesday. Wed. Nes. Day. (Can anyone spell it without pronouncing the parts separately?) What have I planned for today?
- Dinner - Jambalaya. (From a package of frozen components. I really should just make it myself. Next time.)
- Exercise - c25k week 3, day 2. Just do it.
- Chores - fold and put away another load of laundry (the sheets from my bed and whatever misc. clothes were still dirty after all yesterday's laundry was done), empty & reload dishwasher.
- Bills - need to enter my receipts into my check register and pay whatever bills are due.
- Food - don't eat between meals, except maybe one snack. Drink more water!!